Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Moments

We build and we break, we bleed and sometimes we heal.
One moment.
Sometimes small and sometimes major.
One moment is all it takes for us to feel, to venture into things unknown, perhaps unheard of for us, for you.
There has been a lot of talk about when and where we are responsible, when it is on our hands; the blood, the tears, the pain... Hatred.
One moment is all it takes.
The question is, do you dare to turn your back? Do you dare to walk another way than all the others?
We build and we break and so the story goes.

Life is hard and painful, uneasy and unkind, it is never fair, never grateful nor understanding. It takes a lot of guts to be able to tell someone affected not to hate, to beg them to look beyond, "be the bigger man". Sometimes it is taken as an insult.
To imagine the pain is impossible, that is an insult I would never dare to speak. I do not understand, I could never. I only understand what I know and no one else. Maybe that is the reason? Maybe that is why it ever so quickly turns and all we are faced with are dark and hateful stares, painful expressions and horrible emotions?

But at some point it has to stop. At some point we have to stop because all the screaming, the blame, the misunderstanding and the hatred will only bring us back to where it all started.
Human nature doesn't matter because human nature is so much more than just power, obsession, hatred, revenge and blame.

Some people do. Some people never forget but they move on. That is perhaps a horrible or insensitive thing to say but they do.
Most of the time we are not talking about monsters without a heart, we are talking about people and leaders. They say that an employee performing badly is most of the time a reflection of a poor leadership, could that not be applied to a country? It's just a question.
Some people are taught one way and then they choose differently, they feel differently, they take a step back and reflect in what is happening and breathe.
What do I want? How do I feel? Do I want to stand for this? What if it were me?

Human nature... It goes both ways. It doesn't always have to mean that you should react one way or the other. Just take a step back and think; do I want to stand for this? Do I want this much hatred and revenge to course through me? Do I want someone else to suffer? What would happen if I took a different turn? A step in another direction.

All it takes is one moment of horror and you could either way, but who do you want to be?

//Em

No comments:

Post a Comment